- 4 salmon fillets – remove the skin
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 1/4 c chicken stock
- 2 t cornstarch
- 1/3 c cream
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T butter
- 2 T capers
- 1 T fresh parsley – chopped
- Dry the room temp salmon. Salt and pepper each side.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add the salmon (skin side down) and sear until golden brown, ~ 4 minutes.
- Turn the fillets over and cook an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Move salmon to a plate and cover to keep warm,
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook just until it just starts to turn golden brown.
- In a small bowl whisk together about 1 T of the broth with the cornstarch.
- Pour the remaining chicken broth into the skillet reduce by half.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to reduced broth and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream, capers, butter, lemon and parsley.
- Serve the salmon over orzo spooning the sauce on top.
It smelled so good – we forgot to take and photos