- 1.5 t dried oregano
- 1 t cumin
- 1.25 t salt
- 0.5t ground pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 1.5-2 pounds trimmed top round beef roast cut into 4 or 5 pieces
- 0.5 c orange juice
- 0.5 c beef stock
- 0.5 large yellow onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Stir together the oregano, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil. Add the beed and rub it in to coat.
- Put the orange juice, broth, onion and garlic into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the beef on top.
- Cover the Pot and twist the lid to secure, setting the valve to seal.
- Set the manual/pressure cook button to high pressure for 50 minutes.
- For shredded beef, when finished, allow a full natural pressure release.
- When finished remove the lid and put meat on a cutting board. Use tongs or forks to shred it.
- Salt and pepper the meat to taste and serve the it in tortillas with various toppings.
We decided it could use a little more moisture (perhaps add some of the liquid to the shredded beef) and some more heat.