Skip to content
- 6 C chopped cucumber
- 1 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1 T salt
- 1 1/2 C vinegar
- 3/4 C honey
- 1/2 t celery seed
- 1/2 t ginger
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 T water
- Toss cucumber and onion with 3/4 T salt. Let it rest in a strainer over a bowl for 3 hours.
- Discard the liquid and transfer the cucumber and onion to a kitchen towel, squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
- Bring the vinegar, sugar, and 1/4 T salt to a boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the vegetables and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch and stir the mixture into the relish. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Transfer into jars and process in a water bath.