I cooked down about 12 cups of blackberries with a bit of water and strained them to remove the seeds. The pulp went into some vodka to make a Wild Blackberry Tincture to help treat sore throats, mouth ulcers, and gum inflammations.
The juice was used in our family favorite – Seedless Wild Blackberry Jam.
- 3.5 cups juice from Wild Blackberries
- 2 T lemon juice (cider vinegar??)
- 5 T all purpose pectin
- 1 t butter
- 5 cups white sugar
- Combine the blackberry, lemon juices pectin and butter in a tick walled saucepan
- Bring to a boil that cannot be stirred down – boil 1 minute
- Add the sugar and return to a boil – boil 1 minute
- Ladle into jars and can.