- 2 pounds sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 sliced yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sliced cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pickling spices
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place the cucumbers and onions in a bowl, adding the salt to coat the vegetables completely.
- Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 4 hours.
- Rinse the cucumbers under cold water 4-5 minutes to wash the excess salt away, Drain thoroughly.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, water, garlic, pickling spice, turmeric, and clove together in a saucepan to a simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add cucumber and heat until just boiling.
- Remove from heat, and transfer to jars and store in the refrigerator.