- Rinse, dry and hull the strawberries. Cut them in halves or quarters.
- Combine the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Cover with a towel and let macerate overnight.
- The next day, put the mixture in a saucepan and heat until the mixture just reaches a simmer. Let it rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- On the third day, strain the mixture, collecting the syrup into a saucepan. Bring the syrup you’ve gathered to a boil, and let it boil for ten minutes (221°F).
- Add in the strained strawberries. Bring to a boil for another 5 minutes, stirring gently.
- Pour the jam into sterile jars and can using a water-bath or steam canner.