I had some diagnostic surgery yesterday and, although everything is just fine, I’m supposed to take it easy for a few days and not lift anything over 5 pound. I slept most of yesterday, so I didn’t sleep most of yesterday night. I want to nap, but I don’t want to not go to sleep until 6:15 in the morning, so I’m trying to power through the afternoon and evening,
Anyway, this morning I……
- made a batch of applesauce from the Strawberry Apples. Wow is it bland! I finally added a little nutmeg, which helped, but I’m not sure I’m going to go to the trouble to can it. I may just add it to some figs and make fruit leather. I’ll decide later.
- made DH a double batch of Granola. This time with pecans and dried cranberries. It should be enough to tide him over for at least a month.
- was also able to get out and pick some of the last of the blackberries. I cooked them up with a little water and strained them for jelly. A perfect job for tomorrow.
- wrapped up the bacon in some cheese cloth and popped it into the cheese cave to cure. I weighed it, but I’m not sure if it’s supposed to lose 30% from now or from the original weight which I don’t have. Oops!
- made a batch of No-Knead Bread dough for the refrigerator.
- tended to the sourdough
…….and now that nap is really calling my name.