Orange Cake – see recipe here
makes 1 gallon
- 2 1/2 pounds raw honey
- 1 Large orange – wash cut to fit for later removal from the gallon jug
- 1 small handful of raisins
- 1 teaspoon bread yeast – dies off quickly so the mead stays sweeter
- Balance water to one gallon
- Sterilize a 1 gallon carboy, airlock and funnel
- Dissolve the honey in warm water and put into the carboy
- Add the orange and raising
- Top off with cold water to 3 inches from the top.
- Shake the jug with top on, for aeration.
- Add 1 teaspoon of bread yeast.
- Install water airlock and put it in dark place.
After 2 months or so it will slow down to a stop and clear. Then you can siphon it off and bottle
*(adapted from a recipe by Joe Mattioli)