- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the egg until well-combined and light-yellow. Add the sugar and whisk until creamed.
- Slowly add the melted butter, combining well after each addition.
- Slowly add the sour cream, combining well after each addition.
- Add the berries to the dry ingredients and toss just to combine.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and fold until the batter comes together and the berries are evenly distributed. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and top with a sprinkling of pearl sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes until the muffins are light golden brown and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.