- 4 lb fresh pork belly
- 3½ tablespoons – Morton Tender Cure
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- Trim, rinse and pat the pork belly dry.
- Combine salt, sugar, and peppercorns and mix well.
- Place the pork belly into a zip lock bag and thoroughly rub with curing mix.
- Place the cure rubbed pork belly in the fridge for 7 days then rinse thoroughly with water.
- Smoke at around 200 degrees for 3½-4 hours adding soaked wood chips every 45 minutes or so; until the internal temperature of the pork belly registers 150 degrees.
- Allow the bacon to cool completely then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before slicing.