We had quite a bit of cream piling up and I ran into a wonderful new cookbook at the thrift store so I decided to combine the two and try my hand at clotted cream. The book is called Forgotten Skills of Cooking by Darina Allen
- I skimmed the cream layer off the top of the milk and put it into a heat proof casserole.
- Then covered that with a layer of aluminum foil.
- Next I popped it into a very cool (175 degree) oven for about 11 hours.
- Before bed I took it out to cool a bit and then transferred it into the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning I scraped off the top layer that formed and popped it into the mixer for a quick whip up.
- The liquid portion left behind was used to make some lovely scones.