- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cup fruit and nut trail mix
- 1 cup whole wheat flour flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- In one bowl bowl, combine the oats, coconut, pecans, raisins, and trail mix.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a third bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and honey until light and fluffy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture just until combined. Stir in the oat mixture.
- Press the mix firmly and evenly into the prepared pan. Bake about 35 minutes until the top is golden. The bars will be very soft straight at first, but will firm as they cool.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and cut into bars.
Optional: sprinkle a little coconut mana onto the top of the bars before baking.