This weekend felt like I’d done it before……painting, Hawthorn jelly, cooking, mowing. It wasn’t very exciting, but I looking back, I did seem to get quite a bit done.
- I made a 2 gallon batch of plum wine with some windfall Italian prunes.
- I made a 1 gallon batch of “backyard grape” wine with 13 pounds of assorted grapes from the garden
- I dried 2 trays of Italian prunes from the orchard
- I dried 3 trays of small tomatoes from the garden
- I dried 1 tray of grapes from the garden
- I dried 1 tray of Hawthorn berries from the meadow tree
- I made 3 jars of Hawthorn/ Blackberry jelly
- We brought in the cushions from the lawn furniture for winter
- I mowed the back yard
- I found 3 lovely hand thrown bowls, a little jug and 3 “working glasses” at the Thrift shop
- I gleaned 10 pounds of russet potatoes, a few oranges and a bag of Meyer lemons from the grocer – in addition to two bags of chicken scraps
- We cooked up a batch of sausage patties and a container of sausage gravy for week day breakfasts
- We also made two batches of ground beef for dinners
- We sliced and vacuum sealed four bags of beef for the freezer.
- I cut the giant cat’s toenails
- I collected the second egg from Thanksgiving, the turkey hen
Could be time for a nap now……