Today I decided that it was the day to straighten up the freezers. I started by taking everything out of Freezer #1 and laying it out on the pool table in the garage. All was going well until I hit the bottom and the iceberg that sunk the Titanic. Our drain had clogged and all of the defrost liquid was draining into the bottom of the freezer and freezing. I got out the hammer and chipped away at the “berg” while Joe helped me quickly stuff everything from the table into Freezer #2 and a couple of ice chests.
Freezer #1 defrosted pretty quickly once the sun came out and Joe sucked the dog fur mouse nest out from under it with the shop vac. Then came the bad news……While Freezer #1 was defrosting, so apparently, was Freezer #2 which had not closed completely. Ahhhhhhhhh. Out everything came, into the now fairly cold Freezer #1, the refrigerator, and the ice chests. After another stint in the sun, both freezers are plugged in and chugging away. After everything is tucked neatly away, I will try to include photos of our accomplishments.