The sourdough starter is starting to finally come around. It took a number of 12 hours feedings to get it going. It still does not look as lively as some I have seen, but my jar has a pretty wide mouth, perhaps leaving more surface area for the bubbles to disappate and resulting in less climbing up the jar. Who knows?
Anyway, I’m going to try the Goldrush Sourdough Breadmaker recipe again, but this time I going to cut everything by 25%:
- Bread machine size: 2 pound (maybe)
- 1 1/8 Cup Sourdough Starter
- 1 Cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp dry yeast
1. Add the ingredients to bread machine* container.
2. Set machine for Basic Bread / Regular crust.
3. Press Start.
* I am using a Zojirushi bread machine – model #BBCC Q20.
The loaf was too large. The top did not brown well. There was an odd layer of dicoloration about halfway down that did not seem to affect the inside of the loaf. The texture looks fine.