Today I tried the Goldrush Sourdough Breadmaker recipe for a 2 pound loaf:
- Bread machine size: 2 pound
- 1 1/2 Cup Sourdough Starter
- 1 1/3 Cup warm water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 5 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp dry yeast
1. Add the ingredients to bread machine* container.
2. Set machine for Basic Bread / Regular crust.
3. Press Start.
* I am using a Zojirushi bread machine – model #BBCC Q20. I found it at the thrift shop for $15.00 last summer.
The loaf was too large. The top did not brown well. There was an odd layer of dicoloration about halfway down that did not seem to affect the inside of the loaf. The texture looks fine.
Next time I think I’ll try to reduce the recipe to 75% to see if this helps with the size issue.