I’m going to try to join Carla over at 1/2 Dozen Daily in a no spend January. The rules (adapted from Carla’s) are:
1. Track purchases. Write down every single penny we spend!
2. Start a “sealed pot challenge”. Any coins we find go into the pot and it doesn’t get opened until December 3, 2012.
3. Menu plan & shop from a list. We will need some fresh produce and dairy, but the rest will come from the pantry and freezers.
4. Find free & cheap activities to have fun
5. Focus on simplicity, organizing, & donating/tossing.
6. Medicines/medical care doesn’t count.
7. If we must fix or replace the refrigerator it does not count against us – it just must happen 😦
Here’s what we have on hand to play with:
- Regal Cinema giftcard – $25.00
- Amazon giftcard – $25.00 + $11.08 previous balance
- American Express giftcard – $50.00
- Starbuck’s giftcard – $25.00
- 2 certificates from Essence of China – $25.00 with minimum purchase of $35.00
- 1 free birthday coffee from Starbuck’s
- 1 free birthday burger from Red Robin
- Yeah! – I found another $25.00 giftcard for red lobster/olive garden