I’ve never tried to make Gravlax before, but it seemed like it might be a fun project and tasty too. I think it will be ready for supper on Christmas with all of the relatives. I hope they’ll enjoy it.
- 1 pound fresh salmon fillet
- 1/8 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill
- Pat the salmon fillet dry and remove pin bones – mine strangely had none. Cut it into two parts of equal size.
- mix together the sugar and salt.
- sprinkle mix on each fillet and cover each with the dill fronds.
- Add extra mixture and filp one fillet on to the other so the flesh-sides are together. Spread the rest of the mixture on both sides of the skin.
- I wrapped mine in parchment before the saran wrap to keep the plastic off of the fish. It is now in the refrigerator under a couple of soda cans and I will be flipping it every 12 hours or so.