- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups (250 g) powdered sugar
- 3 cups (250 g) unsweetened, desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces (115) bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Preheated oven to 400ºF.
- Mix all ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Stir on a low until all ingredients are combined. Remove from the heat.
- Form the dough into small round heaps with teaspoons. Place on a baking sheet covered with a Silpat.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until the cookies are light golden. Cool on a rack.
- Using a spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over your cooled macaroons.
Thanks to Siri at the Transplanted Baker