3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 5 oz can evaporated milk
1-1/2 pkg. (12 squares) semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
1 7oz jar marshmallow creme
1 tsp vanilla
- Heat the sugar, butter and evaporated milk to a rapid boil in 3 quart heavy saucepan.
- Boil and stir constantly until a candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees (about 4 minutes)
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate.
- Stir in vanilla
- Spread immediately in buttered 9 inch square pan.
- Cool at room temperature at least 4 hours; cut into 1 inch squares.