1 sugar pumpkin (not jack-o-lantern type) to yield 24oz Baked Pumpkin (see instructions)
2 x 8oz packages cream cheese (room temperature)
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1 teas cinnamon
1/2 teas dried ginger
1/4 teas nutmeg
1/8 teas ground cloves
6 eggs (beaten)
2. Put 1/2 C brown sugar in each half and wrap in foil.
3. Bake 2 hours at 400 degrees or until very soft.
4. Pour off and retain extra liquid
5. Remove the pumpkin meat from the peel and place into a large bowl.
6. Mix in cream cheese then add other ingredients
7. Pour into 2 pie shells and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until the center barely jiggles (is set). My pie dishes are deep (Emile Henry) so the pie took 75 minutes.
5 1/2 cups flour
1 T salt
3 1/4 cups cold butter
1 cup ice cold water
Combine flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
Add butter and pulse until the mixture resembles a course meal.
Add water and pulse to combine – do not mix until a ball starts rolling around.
Divide into 4 parts and pat into a flat disc. Refrigerate at least two hours before rolling.